Thursday, October 18, 2012

Last in per pupil spending

Although I appreciate the need to be conservative in spending, I am disturbed by the fact that Utah is dead last in per pupil spending in the nation (and this using spending adjusted for regional cost differences).  In the past I have heard that Utah spends more as a percentage of our total taxable resources, but this is also not true.  We are in the middle of the pack with many states spending a much higher percentage of their taxable resources on education.

I am also disturbed to find that our per pupil spending has actually decreased when adjusted for inflation when compared to 2008.

I think that an investment in our children's education will pay back more than any other investment we make for economic growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide feedback for me on ways to improve public schools